- Limited to: 5 photographers
- Policy: All workshops are non-smoking
- Location: Galveston, Texas
- Dates: April 16-19; April 21-24; April 26-29; May 1-4
- Wait List: add me to the wait list
Join us for 4 days of photographing a wide variety of songbirds as they arrive on the Upper Texas Coast after their long journey across the Gulf of Mexico.
Brian E. Small and Alan Murphy have been photographing at this migratory trap in the Stevenson Woods, owned by GOS director Jim Stevenson for the past 20 years. They have developed the property over the years to produce the best possible images with beautiful clean backgrounds and unobstructed light. They have planted trees and low shrubs to create corridors that help to funnel birds down to their water drip. The property where the workshops are held has the single biggest yard list in North America with over 310 species. These workshops are scheduled during the peak of migration when the greatest diversity of species are expected. We will be working from comfortable blinds in front of water drips. Incredible photo opportunities are possible as the birds make their way down set-up perches to get to the water. Furthermore, this is probably the best place in North America to photograph the "hard-to-get" females that can be difficult to get on other songbird photo workshops.
The location is on the West end of Galveston Island, about an hour and a half from Houston.
Songbird Migration | Texas | May 1-4, 2021 | $5200
DEPOSIT & FEES:
- The cost of the workshop is $5200 per person.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to register.
- Your deposit fee will automatically calculate.
- This transaction is the 50% deposit only.
- This includes property access fees, lunches, all in-the-field and any possible classroom instruction and only 5 participants per workshop.
- It does not include transportation, lodging or evening meals.
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the workshop fee is required for registration. The remaining balance must be paid 60 days prior to the workshop. Registrants who have not paid their remaining balance or made other arrangements by that date forfeit their spot in the workshop which may be assigned to someone on the waiting list and also lose their deposit.