- Limited to: 10 photographers
- Policy: All workshops are non-smoking
- Location: Edinburg, South Texas
- Dates: March 22-25; March 27-30
- Wait List: add me to the wait list
Learn how to get stunning images of birds in all their glory at a private ranch near Edinburg, Texas. This workshop is limited to just five photographers per instructor, so each will receive personalized and focused attention.
Alan Murphy, and Greg Downing will be drawing from over 30 years of experience and knowledge to offer:
- How to locate certain species.
- How to get birds to land where you want them to.
- How to search for and select the appropriate perch.
- How to place the perch in relation to the background and sun direction.
- How to dress up the perches to match the bird’s habitat.
- How to work a feeder and water drip to their best advantage.
- All the tips and tricks that bring a stunning image together.
- How to get stunning flight shots of small birds.
The Ranch owner feeds the birds daily year round so the activity at the many blinds is very busy. This is probably the best location in South Texas to get some of the Rio-Grande valley specialties. Leguna Seca Ranch has some of the best raptor blinds with the most activity in South Texas.
This workshop will be designed to target each species and work the situation to get the ultimate image of that bird. There are many different ways to control the situation for each species and you will take away the knowledge of these techniques to use wherever you shoot around the country. If the timing is right, we will photograph Barn Owls using an infrared trigger.
Laguna Seca Ranch | Texas | March 27-30, 2021 | $3995
DEPOSIT & FEES:
- The cost of the workshop is $3995 per person.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to register.
- Your deposit fee will automatically calculate.
- This transaction is the 50% deposit only.
- Workshop fees include personalized instruction, ranch daily access fees, unlimited drinking water, use of the blinds, bait and feed.
- Workshop fees do not include air fare, accommondations, meals or car rentals.
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the workshop fee is required for registration. The remaining balance must be paid 60 days prior to the workshop. Registrants who have not paid their remaining balance or made other arrangements by that date forfeit their spot in the workshop which may be assigned to someone on the waiting list and also lose their deposit.