- Limited to 5 photographers
- Policy: All workshops are non-smoking
- Base Location: Evergreen, Colorado
- Dates: June 10-13; June 15-18; June20-23
- Wait List: add me to the wait list
This workshop is not only about learning how to get birds to land on that perfect perch, but you will also get lots of action images and birds in flight. You will learn how to best utilize feeders, ponds, and bird calls to bring species in, and then how to control the situation to get that stunning portrait with the intimate pose.
- How to locate certain species.
- How to get birds to land where you want them to.
- How to search for and select the appropriate perch.
- How to place the perch in relation to the background and sun direction.
- How to dress up the perches to match the bird’s habitat.
- How to work a feeder to their best advantage.
- How to get stunning images of songbirds in flight.
- All the tips and tricks that bring a stunning image together.
We will spend up to two days working from blinds on private property. The property has a creek and a pond that hosts Belted Kingfishers. There are stocked feeders on the property along with numerous nest boxes for Tree and Violet-green Swallows, Western and Mountain Bluebirds. The feeders draw in several species of birds that we will be doing setups for, and we will also photograph them in flight. The rest of the workshop time we will be going into the field to pre-scouted locations to work on cavity nesters and birds on territory.
Birds of Colorado | June 20-23, 2025 | $5400
DEPOSIT & FEES:
- The cost of the workshop is $5400 per person.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to register.
- Your deposit fee will automatically calculate.
- This transaction is the 50% deposit only.
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the workshop fee is required for registration. The remaining balance must be paid 60 days prior to the workshop. Registrants who have not paid their remaining balance or made other arrangements by that date forfeit their spot in the workshop which may be assigned to someone on the waiting list and also lose their deposit.