- Limited to: 5 photographers
- Policy: All workshops are non-smoking
- Location: McAllen, Texas
- Dates: Jan 11- 14; Jan 16-19; Jan 21-24
- Wait List: add me to the wait list
Workshops are limited to give each participant personalized and focused attention. Learn how to get stunning images of birds in all their glory in deep South Texas. Alan Murphy, an internationally published photographer, renowned for exceptional photographs of birds on perches which add to the artistry of the image, will be drawing from over 25 years of experience and knowledge to offer:
- How to locate certain species
- How to get birds to land where you want
- How to search for and select the appropriate perch
- How to set up staging and landing perch for small birds in flight
- How to choose best camera settings to freeze action
- All the tips and tricks that bring stunning images together
Alan has been photographing at these locations for the past 10 years. He knows how to get some of the most difficult-to-photograph species (specialty birds of the Rio-Grande valley) down onto his set-upsand how to capture them in flight.
The property owners feed the birds daily through the Winter, therefore the activity at the blind is very busy. These are the best locations in South Texas to photograph the Rio-Grande valley specialties, such as Altimira Oriole, Great Kiskadee, Golden-fronted Woodpecker, Green Jay, Clay-colored Thrush and many others.
This workshop will be designed to target each species and work the situation to get the ultimate image of that bird. There are many different ways to control the situation for each species and you will take away the knowledge of these techniques to use wherever you shoot around the country.
Birds In Flight | Texas | Jan 11-14, 2022 | $4400
DEPOSIT & FEES:
- The cost of the workshop is $4400 per person.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to register.
- Your deposit fee will automatically calculate.
- This transaction is the 50% deposit only.
- All personalized instruction, private property and ranch fees/property entry fees, lunches, unlimited drinking water, use of blinds, bait and feed.
- Lodging, travel and evening meals are NOT included.
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the workshop fee is required for registration. The remaining balance must be paid 60 days prior to the workshop. Registrants who have not paid their remaining balance or made other arrangements by that date forfeit their spot in the workshop which may be assigned to someone on the waiting list and also lose their deposit.